"Charles Weitfle (1836-1921), came to the United States [from Germany] at age 13. He served as a photographer for the Union Army. In 1878, he established a studio in Central City, Colorado and later had a studio in Denver. In 1883, his Denver Studio burned, destroying approximately 1,000 plates. He then established a tent studio in Cheyenne and also maintain a studio in Rawlins. About 1887-1889, Weitfle moved to Granite County, Montana and later to Phillipsburg. His son, Paul Weitfle, was also a photographer in Colorado and New Mexico, but the two were estranged." [Information from Paul Weitfle III concerning his great-grandfather.]
Union Pacific Railroad Stereoviews:
401. Pulpit Rock,Echo Canon,UPRR
404. Bromley's Cathedral, Echo Canon
409. Fort Thos. L. Kimball, Echo Canon
410. Dale Creek Bridge, near Sherman
411. Fort Stebbins, Echo Canon
415. Devil's Gap, Weber Canon
417. Devil's Gate Mountain, Weber Canon
418. Entrance to Weber Canon, U.P.R.R.
420. The 1,000 Mile Tree, Weber Canon
421. Looking up Weber Canon, U. P. R. R.
422. The Citadel, from Bridge, Weber Canon
423. Williaheimer Pass, Weber Canon
424. Tunnel No.3, Weber Canon
425. Tunnel No. 3, dist. view, Weber Canon
426. Tunnel No. 4, Weber Canon, U. P. R. R.
427. North from Tunnel No. 4, U. P. R. R. / Weber Canon
433. Salt Lake City from Utah Western R.R.
440. Ogden & Wasatch Mountains
443. Looking Up Ogden Canon, Utah
444. View in Weber Canon,U.P.R.R.
455. Hanging Rock, near Echo, UP RR
469. UPRR Station, Green River, Utah
472. U. P. R. R. Station, Sherman, Wy.
473. Reed Rock, near Sherman, Wy.
474. Snow Shed No. 7, near Sherman
476. The Oakes Ames' Monument Crew (under const.)
478. Fort J. W. Morse, Echo Canon, UP RR
411a. U.P.R.R. STATION, CHEYENNE
469a. U.P.R.R. STATION, Green River, Utah
473a. Reed Rock, near Sherman
[Last updated 3/19/2003.]
List of U.P.R.R. Stereographs and Cabinet Cards by Weitfle:
Courtesy Paul L. Weitfle.
Copyright © 2004 CPRR.org. All rights reserved.
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the User Agreement;
Click any image or link to accept.